Welcome to the Eastman Humanist Community!
Steinbach atheists, agnostics, humanists, non-believers
Founded in 2017, Steinbach atheists, agnostics, humanists, etc. of Southeast Manitoba, Canada is a not-for-profit organization. We meet once per month in Steinbach, Manitoba, on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
Feel free to join us on these evenings for great conversation, hear interesting speakers, sing secular songs (sometimes), have drinks and snacks, and just enjoy a great evening with like-minded people. For the Summer Solstice in June, we plan to host picnic. For the winter solstice in December, we will be hosting a party complete with finger foods, drinks, song and games! We’re children-friendly too. The Steinbach atheist organization strives to provide a safe place for open discussion, learning, and discovery.
While we are a membership organization however, guests are always welcome! We are also lead by a small board of 6, who meet monthly.
Our goals are:
- To inform and educate the general public about, and to promote, secular humanist values in areas such as ethics, human rights and freedoms, education, social policy and legislation.
- To promote secular marriage, memorial ceremonies, and naming ceremonies for the general public.
- To support by way of referrals: self-help groups and service providers that inform, assist and counsel individuals in need of guidance, encouragement or other assistance.
- To promote reason and compassion as means in addressing societal problems.
- To promote the social well-being of members.
You may also find us at the Humanists, Atheists, and Agnostics of Manitoba (HAAM) booth at Summer in the City this June, 2018.
We also have a growing book library! You can see the titles we have here. In order to sign out a title, you must be a paid member. Want to become a member? Here’s the sign-up form!
New! Inter-library loans
The Humanists, Atheists, and Agnostics of Manitoba (HAAM), based in Winnipeg, also has a library, and EHC has recently reached an agreement to allow inter-library loans between our two groups.
If you are a paid EHC member, and our library doesn’t have the book you are looking for, you are welcome to check out the HAAM’s library as well. If they have something that you would like to borrow, contact EHC. We will make arrangements with HAAM to obtain the item for you the next time someone from either group is traveling between Winnipeg and Steinbach.
Have questions about the Steinbach atheists? Just drop us an email at email@example.com or send a message using our contact form.
Please subscribe to our email list for full meeting information.
Our Mission Statement:
Eastman Humanist Community (EHC) and its members are committed to build a safe, supportive secular community based on respect, reason, compassion and ethical actions.”
Don’t believe in god? You are not alone!